Children living in resource-limited settings often lack access to doctor’s trained in both routine and advanced pediatric surgical and post-operative techniques.
Texas Children’s Global Health works to improve pediatric surgical outcomes by:
- Offering shoulder-to-shoulder training and classroom instruction to doctors, nurses and medical students
- Improving quality control, pediatric infrastructure and equipment in hospitals
- Developing pediatric surgery and anesthesia curricula at local universities
- Sending Texas Children’s physicians to other countries for one-month rotations to help address surgical back-logs
- Employing telemedicine to consult on complex cases and to mentor surgeons and anesthetists in other countries
Texas Children’s collaborates with hospitals and universities to share training and provide direct care and treatment in many countries, including Argentina, Haiti, Malawi, Mexico, Pakistan, Tanzania and Uganda.
Dr. Larry H. Hollier, Jr.
Dr. Dean B. Andropoulos
Dr. Olutoyin Olutoye
Co-Director, Global Surgery & Anesthesiology Program
Director, Fetal Anesthesia Service
Professor of Pediatrics, Anesthesiology
Dr. Titilopemi Aina
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Anesthesiology